WHAT IS SUSPICIOUS? Many times, we have that voice in our head, that an event or activity is out of the ordinary. The voice that keeps us, "everyone" safe and sound. For a more detailed description, click here
. Don't worry about bothering the police. Don't worry about being embarrassed if your suspicious activity proves unfounded.
The following are a list of specific events that the police want to hear from you:
1. Going Door to Door In a Residential Area
2. Waiting In Front of a House or Business
3. Forcing Entrance To or Tampering with a Residence or Vehicle
4. Non-Resident Going Into Back or Side a Yard of House
5. Exhibiting Unusual Behavior or Physical Symptoms
6. Carrying Property
7. Heavy Human Traffic To and From a Certain Residence
8. VEHICLES Certain Moving Vehicles Especially slow moving and without lights or if the course followed appears aimless or repetitive
9. Certain Parked, Occupied Vehicles
10. Vehicle(s) Being Loaded with Valuables Suspicious of parked in front of a closed business or unattended residence
11. Abandoned Vehicle Possible stolen vehicle Vehicle Containing Weapons
12. Other Property in Vehicle
OTHER UNUSUAL ACTIVITY Apparent open-air business transactions conducted from a vehicle, especially if around school or parks.
Persons being forced into vehicle, especially if children or females. POSSIBLE SIGNIFICANCE: Kidnapping or sex offenses.
Objects thrown from a vehicle, especially while traveling at high speed. POSSIBLE SIGNIFICANCE: Disposal of contraband (illegal at the time i.e. alcoholic beverage) or evidence.
OTHER USUAL SITUATIONS Open or Broken Doors or Windows: At a closed business or residence who owners are possible to be away from the home. POSSIBLE SIGNIFICANCE: Burglary in progress or completed burglary. You don't have to be the owner to call.
Unusual Noises: Gunshots, screaming, sounds of a fight, breaking glass, barking dogs – anything suggestive of foul play, danger, or illegal activity. CALL THE POLICE AT ONCE!
FOR EMERGENCY POLICE SERVICES 911
MILWAUKEE POLICE NON-EMERGENCY 414-933-4444